The navy comprises the following:
- Headquarters Staff (HQ, Jakarta) under the overall command of the Navy Chief of Staff,
- Two Fleet Commands:
- Eastern Fleet Command, in Surabaya, conterminous with Army's KODAM V and KODAMs VII through IX and Air Force's Operation Command II.
- Western Fleet Command, in Jakarta, conterminous with Army's KODAMs I through IV and VI and Air Force's Operation Command I.
- Several Naval Main Bases and Naval Bases throughout Indonesia. Apart from the major bases at Surabaya and Jakarta, forward operating bases exist at Kupang, West Timor and Tahuna, Sulawesi.
- Marine Corps, with two Marine Forces
- Naval Aviation Center,
- Military Sealift Command - coordinates the navy's logistical support systems.
Plans exist to have a single HQ at Surabaya, with commands at Riau (West), Papua (East), and Makassar (Central). Pan to merge the two fleets to form a single Main Operations and Administration Defense Command, to be headed by a three-star officer and headquartered at Surabaya.
6 x Frigates(Van Speijk-class(Leander class with Dutch radar))
23 x Corvettes(Fatahillah Classx3／Diponegoro Class (Sigma-class)x4／Kapitan Patimura Class(Parchim-class) x16)
2 x Submarines(Cakra class)
21 x Landing Ship, Tank(LST 1-511 Class and 512-1152 Classx4 / Tacoma Classx5 / Frosch I Class (Type 108) and Frosch II Class (Type 109)x12)
21 x Missile Boats(Mandau Classx4／Andau Classx4／Pandrong Classx2／Clurit Class (KCR 40)x8／Sampari Class (KCR 60)x3)
12 x Minesweepers(T-43 Classx1／Pulau Rengat Classx2／Kondor II classx9)
21 x Landing Transport Ships(LST 1-511 and 512-1152 classesx8)
Support Vessels and Training Ships.
C212 (MPA) 6
CN235 (MPA) 1/4+3* onorder
Nomad 22/24 (MPA) 29
C212 9/1 on order
Nomad 22/1 on order
Bell 412 3